MAKSIM SERGEYEVICH GOLOSIY
1130 Greensboro Lane, Box 1688, Sarasota, FL 34234
229 German Creek Cove, Cordova, TN, 38018
(901-489-5908) Mgolosiy@c.ringling.edu, maxgolosiy.com
Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, FL
Bachelor of Fine Arts May 2013, Major: Game Art and Design
GPA: 3.56 / 4.0
Environment Art Intern, Harmonix Music Systems, Cambridge, MA Summer of 2012
- Utilized 3DS Max to create models and sculpted/painted materials with Zbrush and Adobe Photoshop for 3d assets that fit well in a developing world and helped define the early look of the game.
- Collaborated with designers and leads to build and populate a level that fit criteria designated by the game’s art direction.
- Significantly improved game designers’ workflow by creating quick placeholder assets for use in playtesting new mechanics.
Conference Associate, Game Developers Conference, San Francisco CA, March 2013
- Helped attendees navigate the conference, assisted CA Staff and conference speakers, ensured that rooms remained under capacity.
- Made sure that the 2013 Game Developers Conference was a positive experience for the 28,000 attendees.
Proficient at painting and photo manipulation in Adobe Photoshop, sculpting and high-res modeling in Zbrush, modeling and animating in Autodesk Maya, modeling in 3DS Max, set-dressing, material building, and lighting in Unreal Development Kit, visual coding in Unreal Kismet, retopologizing and texture painting in 3D-Coat, map extraction in Xnormal and map manipulation in Crazybump.
- Spring 2012 President’s list with a GPA of 3.73/4.00
- 3D environment, 3D character and 2D digital painting chosen to be displayed at juried “Best of Ringling” 2012
- 3D Environment chosen to be displayed at juried “Best of Ringling” 2011
- Traditional animation work chosen to be displayed during Accepted Student’s Day 2010 at Ringling College of Art and Design.
- Spring 2010 President’s List with GPA of 3.73/4.00.
- Digital Painting Sketch Club Staff, a club dedicated to digital painting during weekly meetings.
- Head cartoonist on White Station High School 2008/2009 Newspaper staff.
- Recipient of the Renna Grant from 2010 to 2013 for superior academic performance.
Volunteered during Accepted Student’s Day as a guide and gave tours to prospective students. Competed in National DECA, an international student marketing organization. Competed on the Germantown Swim Team. Fluent in spoken Russian.
Portfolio available upon request